What documents for proof of address are acceptable?

The AML law requires us to verify the permanent address of the following persons:

• Sole traders, Freelancers - your address
• Companies - the address of persons authorised to open an account and make transactions, the Directors, the company itself and the ultimate owners, who own or control more than 25% of the business.

We accept one of the following types of documents for proof of address:

  • Recent utility bill (bill for gas/electricity/water or any public utility service) **;
  • Personal bank statement**;
  • Landline phone, home internet or TV licence bill (mobile phone bills are not accepted) **;
  • Credit card statement**;
  • Annual council tax bill/demand letter*
  • Latest document issued by the tax authorities, such as a request for tax registration, tax registration, tax certificates or similar issued by the HMRC (e.g., coding/assessment/statement/tax credit document) (not P45/P60s) *;
  • HMRC correspondence including name, address and permanent NI number*
  • Letters from the municipality or other government institution:
    • Notification of entitlement to state/local authority benefit*
    • Notification of entitlement to tax credit*
    • Notification of entitlement to pension or pension/benefit correspondence from the DWP*
    • Notification of entitlement to educational loan/grant*
    • Notification of entitlement to other government/local authority grant*
  • Valid UK/EEA (or Switzerland) full photocard or provisional driving licence issued within the last 12 months*;

* Must be the most recently issued and less than 12 months old.

** Must be the most recently issued and less than 3 months old (except for annual utility bills/bank statements which must be less than 12 months old).

Was this article helpful?

Haven't found what you're looking for?

Submit a request