Yes. myPOS is legally required to verify the identity of every user operating in the myPOS platform. In accordance with the EU Fourth Money Laundering Directive, all institutions providing financial services are obliged to confirm the identity of a third party. Therefore, all additional users are expected to go through an identification process.
As soon as the account owner has granted another user access to their myPOS account:
- The user will be sent a confirmation email where they will be asked to download and install the myPOS app on their smartphones and then complete the identification.
- Upon login to the app, the user will need to confirm their personal details.
- He/she will then be requested to upload:
- An image of a valid identity document - acceptable are national ID card or international passport;
- Proof of address (if the ID document does not contain the address). Please check which documents are accepted as proof of address here
- Take a selfie.
- Once the user provides all the required documents, a standard check will be performed to confirm the validity of the information.
As soon as the user is successfully identified, the restrictions will be removed and they will receive their full access as per the given user rights.